Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Run

I figure I would start with a little background of the who's and what's and how's so you might get an idea of what and how formed me to be who I am today. Back on a cold January evening I was born in Northern Virginia. I am the youngest of three children. I grew up in what I considered to be a very "normal" family but as I look back now I see we all were pretty dis-functional but then again how many of us grew up like "The Cleavers"? My first real memory is of me and my dad. I guess I was about 3 yrs old, my sister had decided to ride motorcycles but then once she did it a few times decided against it so as any parent would they offered to the other kids. My middle sister of course veto'd the offer so it fell to me...and of course being 3 and thinking I could take on the world I said.."sure". I could barely touch the foot pegs therefore there was no way I could touch the ground so my dad would jog along next to the bike each and everytime I wanted to ride. This went on for a few weeks til I spoke up and said, "I think this one is too big, can I get a littler one?" My dad being the man he is found a good deal one a little Suzuki Jr 50. It was yellow and black and just my size. He brought it home in the back of the truck and I could hardly wait for him to take it out so I could "try it out". Well, the first run was not so successful. I thought I could do it and well, ended up head first into a rose bush after I was determined to "do it myself". My father removed me and the bike from the rose bush and from that point on I decided to listen to his instructions.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Welcome to blogland. Managed to find you without a Facebook link after all.

    ReplyDelete